Is the most advanced and fastest medical grade treatment available for the most stubborn pigmentation concerns like melasma, chloasma or mask of pregnancy that is safe for all skin types!
Eneeva Skin Care in Flower Mound Texas is now proudly announcing the #1 melasma treatment in the market which is Cosmelan® Depigmentation Treatment which is a professional, topical brightening treatment that targets all types of brown patches and skin discolorations. It significantly reduces the blemishes caused by increased melanin production by gently fading the pigment and suppressing further pigment from resurfacing.
Cosmelan® is a treatment that improves the appearance of excess pigmentation. It is the most effective in the treatment of hyperpigmentation (excess pigmentation) caused by the influence of female hormones not he skin of the face, pigmentation from sun exposure and pigmentation as a result of acne or traumatic inflammation. It is also effective in treating pigmentation associated with scarring. The treatment can be performed on all skin types and tones.
TREATMENT PROBLEM OR CONDITION: Acne, Scarring, Age Spots/Sun Damage, Hyperpigmentation/Uneven Skin Tone, Melasma, Chloasma, Freckles
How does it work?
Cosmelan® is a topical depigmentation treatment most typically used to improve the appearance of hyperpigmentation and certain types of pigmented scarring. Both the face and the body can benefit from treatment with Cosmelan®. Cosmelan® inhibits the action of Tyrosinase, an enzyme responsible for the production of melanin. Melanin is increased by aging, acne, hormone, fluctuations, sun exposure and inflammation, which can causes irregular darkening of the skin.
Am I a candidate for Cosmelan?
The Cosmelan®MD Depigmentation Treatment is safe for use all skin types. During your consultation, we will discuss your skin goals and tailor a treatment plan that will help you achieve them.
What to expect during your Cosmelan treatment?
There are 2 phases of the Cosmelan® MD Depigmentation Treatment: the first part of your treatment will consist of the application of a yellow color mask (Cosmelan®) after a thorough cleansing of the skin. Then we will instruct you to leave the mask in place for 4-8 hours or more depending on your skin type, and then you will be allowed to go home with the mask on. After your prescribed wait time has elapsed, you can wash away the mask with a neutral cleanser and water. Immediately after removing the mask, you will apply the provided home care.
The second part of the Cosmelan® MD Depigmentation Treatment is ongoing routine maintenance consisting of a daily application of the Cosmelan 2 cream. You will apply this cream three times per day for one week, twice a day for the second week, and then once a day in the third week following your initial mask.
What will I expect after the treatment?
You can expect a significant drying and peeling of the skin over a period of three to four days post-treatment after which, a noticeable improvement in the skin is observed. The areas of problematic pigmentation are greatly reduced, and the skin appears luminous, revived, fresh and smooth.
What are the risks or side effects of treatment?
Mild to severe peeling, redness, slight scabbing and sensitivity to the sun is normal in the first few days after the treatment. Some people experience dryness, tightness, soreness and itching for up to two weeks after the initial treatment. Those suffering from recurrent herpes infections may have recurrence of cold sores.
In the first two days of the Cosmelan® MD Treatment, it is common for the skin to turn red. In the first 24-48 hours of treatment, tightening of the skin and slight burning is typical and not a cause for concern. Patients with sensitive skin may experience some itching. Flaking is also common between the second and third day. In approximately four days following the start of the treatment, most patients find that their skin looks luminous, healthy, and more even in tone as dark spots from hyperpigmentation begin to fade.
THINGS TO DO BEFORE AND AFTER COSMELAN®
*Cosmelan® & Fillers
After fillers: It is suggested to wait at least 2 weeks to perform Cosmelan®. Day of filler injection, suspend the application of Cosmelan® 2 and resume it 24 hours later.
Before fillers: Once the cosmelan® treatment has been applied, wait one week until the inflammation and flaking have disappearedd if the skin is sensitive wait 2 weeks.
*What is the difference between Cosmelan & Cosmelan MD
The ingredients are identical in both formulations, other than the addition of 8% Hydroquinone in the Cosmelan® MD mask and 6% Hydroquinone in the Cosmelan® 2 Maintenance Cream.
*How to prepare my skin before having a Cosmelan? How long before the Cosmelan or in the same session?
Prepping the skin prior to Cosmelan® is not necessary, but for tough cases of Melasma we suggest a Lactic or Mandelic acid peel be given 2 weeks prior to the application of the Cosmelan® mask to soften, hydrate and begin the cellular turnover process. We also suggest discontinuing the use of retinol, prescription topicals, AHA’s, BHA’s and Benzoyl Peroxide for a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the mask application. Shave 24hrs prior to Cosmelan® application.
*When to stop using retinol, mandelic, glycolic and salicylic active ingredients?
2 weeks prior to the treatment.
*With Cosmelan® home treatment, should the patient stop using their products?
We suggest discontinuing the use of retinol, prescription topicals, AHA’s, BHA’s and Benzoyl Peroxide for a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the mask application. Also, if the patient is using a prescription strength Hydroquinone, they should discontinue use for 4 months prior to receiving the Cosmelan® MD mask or 1 month prior to the Cosmelan® mask with no Hydroquinone. Shave 24hrs post Cosmelan® application.
*When can patients start reapplying other active ingredients apart from Cosmelan®?
We suggest that the patient not add any other products to their home care regimen for a 3-to-4-month period. At that time, they can return to some serum use but still no retinol or AHA’s and BHA’s while using Cosmelan® 2 maintenance cream.
*Should patients combine other active ingredients with Cosmelan® 2?
It can cause an allergic reaction that may include redness, rashes, itchiness, and other unknown activities on the skin.
*How long can patients stay on Hydroquinone during Cosmelan® treatment?
Recommended 3 months with Cosmelan® 2 maintenance cream. Alternate the next 3 months without hydroquinone.
*What does my patient have to do if the mask dries while on down time?
Spritz water on face to prevent mask from cracking, without removing the product.
*When patient skin is dehydrated
Book Cosmelan® anti-stress calming treatment
*When can I get a facial, HydraFacial, and Microneedling on my patient after the Cosmelan® treatment?
Refrain from having Hydrafacial, microdermabrasion or microneedling for a minimum of 3 months. If the patient is continuing to exfoliate and the practitioner or provider would like to perform a Hydrafacial or microdermabrasion, we suggest the patient discontinue the use of Cosmelan® 2 maintenance cream for 2 days prior to the treatment and not return to using it for 2 days post treatment depending on the patient’s sensitivity.
Pre-Care for Cosmelan Peel:
· Cosmelan MD should not be started within 2 weeks of a COVID vaccine
· Avoid any chemical peel, laser, microneedling, or other skin procedures for 4 weeks prior to treatment with Cosmelan.
· Refrain from waxing for 7 days prior to the treatment.
· You should not use any hydroquinone containing products for at least 8-12 weeks before and after the Cosmelan MD Peel protocol.
· Refrain from tanning beds and heavy sun exposure 2 weeks prior to your treatment.
· Discontinue any glycolic acid or retinol containing products at least 5 days prior to treatment.
· Do not start Cosmelan MD within 5 days of Botox or at least two weeks from receiving dermal filler.
· Cosmelan MD may not be recommended for Rosacea skin types.
· Cosmelan MD is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women.
· If you have a history of cold sores or shingles, please tell your provider prior to treatment.
· The use of Cosmelan 2 cream can be adjusted for your comfort; if your skin is feeling sensitive, decrease use of Cosmelan 2 cream until you can tolerate it. Some discomfort is expected in the beginning but we never want you to be in pain.
· Do NOT use any other active ingredients or products that include acids, retinols, or hydroquinone on your skin during your 3-month treatment with Cosmelan.
· Do NOT do any sweaty exercise or swimming for at least 72 hours.
· Do NOT use a hot tub, sauna or steam for 30 days following treatment.
· Do NOT get another skin treatment or procedure on the treated area for at least 30 days following the protocol. No other skin treatments should be performed while you are following the home care protocol.
· Do NOT use makeup for 3-5 days if possible. Light mineral makeup is ok.
· Do NOT have botox or any dermal filler performed for at least 5 days after the initial Cosmelan mask application.
· To optimize your results, avoid sun exposure as much as possible and use SPF everyday.
· During maintenance on Cosmelan 2, discontinue its use for 3-5 days prior to waxing and do not start until 3 days after waxing. No waxing should be performed in the first 4-6 weeks of the protocol.
**A ‘touch-up’ mask is typically recommended on or around Day 21 with the ¼ remaining Cosmelan 1 cream to address any stubborn areas of hyperpigmentation that remain. Please touch base with your provider prior to Day 21 via email and send along a set of makeup free progress pictures for assessment (front facing and each side profile).
***CALL OR TEXT TO BOOK THIS SERVICE***